- Clove doctors are trained in strict sterilization procedures, which are adhered to, in all clinics.
- All clinical instruments are cleansed, sterilized in autoclaves, and stored in sealed pouches to ensure 100% sterilization. Sealed pouches are always opened in front of patients.
- Clinic operatory areas are chemically sterilized and all surfaces are treated with disinfectants after each patient visit to ensure 100% sterilization.
- Dental chairs are equipped with one-way valves that prevent oral fluids from flowing back into the chair tubing, ensuring 100% sterilization.
It is very essential for people to understand the importance of hygiene and sterilization especially when visiting a dental clinic. Since dental treatment requires contact with the saliva and blood of patients, Communicable diseases and illnesses are easily transferred through the same. Clove Dental takes every possible step to prevent cross contamination and protect the health of our patients. The heightened emphasis on hygiene at Clove Dental clinics ensures the well-being of our patients at all times.
We follow a strict protocol for clinical hygiene and safety that kicks in before patients even enter the operatory
- Patients are asked to cover their footwear with our shoe covers before entering the operatory.
- Instruments are sterilized in a four-step process that includes:
Manual cleansing to remove deposits and residue.
Sterilization in an ultrasonic cleaner which operates at different frequencies, depending on the type of instrument being sterilized.
A solution (5% dodecyl-dipropylene-triamine & trialkyl ethoxy-ammonium-proclinate) is used in this step.
Packaging in sealed pouches after instruments are dried
Capturing the date of packaging & expiry date of the sterilized instruments in sealed pouches
Placement of sealed pouches in an autoclave that uses pressurized heat to guarantee 100% sterilization.
- All surfaces that patients come into contact with are covered with a cling film and changed after each treatment.
- Our dental chairs are cleaned with isopropyl alcohol and chlorhexidine spray.
- Doctors and dental assistants wear disposable masks, gloves and shoes that are allowed to be worn only in the clinic.
- Doctors and dental assistants are tested and immunized against all communicable diseases.
- Doctors and dental assistants undergo extensive training in sterilization protocols.
- Clinic audits are conducted regularly to ensure that protocols for sterilization and hygiene are followed thoroughly and consistently.
- Our patients are seated in unique dental chairs that are equipped with retractable valves; the valves prevent the backflow of oral fluids into the chair tubing. Most dental chairs allow the backflow of these fluids into the tubing, and though the tubing is sterilized after a treatment, it is far more effective to prevent oral fluids from passing into the tubing in the first place.