Dental Implants: 5 Useful Tips to Increase Their Longevity
A dental implant is an artificial or replacement tooth fixed in the jawbone with a metallic root. this procedure does a great job of filling the gap caused due to a missing or lost tooth. The dental implant is one of the most common treatment options when a person has lost a tooth due to infection, cavity, or injury.
But do you know the best part about dental implants? They are meant to stay intact for five to ten years. However, with the right care and precaution, you can increase this timespan significantly.
5 useful tips to increase the longevity of dental implants:
- Maintain Proper Oral Hygiene – The right at-home oral habits can make a huge difference to the longevity and health of your dental implants. Flossing once a day and brushing twice a day will ensure your crown is safe and free from infections.
- Routine Dental Visits – Overlooking the relevance of regular dental checkups can cost you dearly in the long run. The dental visits play a vital role in averting any probable dental issues. The dentist will get a chance to examine the health of your dental implant and its surrounding areas. Health experts recommend going for a checkup once in six months to increase the lifespan of the crown and titanium screws.
- Foods – Chewing hard food items directly with dental implants can hamper their integrity and life. Solid and hard food can potentially disturb or break the artificial tooth. Apart from this, caffeine, tobacco, and other tooth-staining food items can also impact the appearance of the crown. So make sure you take care of what you are eating to boost the life of your dental implants.
- Healthy Lifestyle Choices – Your lifestyle choices lay a great impact on the lifespan of your dental implants. For instance, teeth grinding or jaw clenching can damage your newly placed dental crown. Apart from this, smoking is also extremely dangerous for your implants. Therefore, you should choose healthy lifestyle habits that will support your dental implants and not damage them.
- Mind the Healing Process – You see, the dental implant is a major procedure. The entire procedure concludes in 4 to 6 months. During this time, it is crucial to maintain the excellent cleanliness and hygiene of the affected area. adhere to the guideline given by the dentist to speed up the curative process.
These were the top five tips to increase the longevity of your dental implants. Please understand the dental implants needs more care and hygiene than your natural teeth. Increasing your water intake and eating crunchy, raw fruits and veggies will prevent plaque formation.
Last but not least, apart from the tooth, you need to pay special attention to the gum line surrounding the implant. Make sure you also follow the oral care habits recommended by the best dental clinic in Jaipur, Clove Dental for the best results. In addition, regular dental checkups will help in detecting any breeding gum infections. So make sure you do not skip them.
Leave a Reply
Leave a Reply
- Advanced Gum Treatment Blog
- Braces & Aligners Blogs
- buck teeth treatment
- Cancer Rehabilitation
- Childrens Dentistry
- Clear Aligners
- Crowns & Bridges
- Dental Implants Blogs
- General Dentistry
- Kids Dentistry Blogs
- Laser Dentistry
- Mouth Ulcers
- Preventive Dentistry
- Preventive Dentistry Blogs
- Root Canal
- Smile Makeover Blogs
- Wisdom Teeth Removal